Started in 1994 by a group of practitioners from a variety of professions the Florida CPTED Network promotes the implementation of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) concepts and principles so as to reduce crime and the perception of crime.
History of the Florida Design Out Crime Association:
In the summer of 1994 Dr. Diane Zahm brought the first group of CPTED practitioners together at a meeting in Tampa, Fl. Diane had acquired the names of Florida CPTED practitioners active in their communities from the Florida Attorney General’s Office. The first group consisted of Art Walls, Sherry Carter, Stan Carter, D.J. Bradley, Junius Bradley and Dorinda Howe. As a result of the first meeting a second meeting was arranged and held in Orlando, FL. A list of CPTED practitioners was prepared and they were asked to participate.
In 1995 the process of formalizing the Florida Design Out Crime Association (formerly the Florida CPTED Network – FCN) began. A by-laws committee was created along with a goals and objectives committee and an educational committee. The FCN logo was also created. In 1996 Ray Wood was elected as the first Chairperson of the FCN. That year the FCN received its 501-3C designation as a non-profit organization.
- In 1997 the FCN hosted the 2nd International CPTED Association conference.
- In 1998 Stan Carter was elected Chairperson.
- In 2000 Dorinda Howe was elected Chairperson.
- In 2002 Art Hushen was elected Chairperson
- In 2004 Art Hushen was elected Chairperson
- In 2006 Susan Ajoc was elected Chairperson
- In 2006 FCN becomes Florida Design Out Crime Association (FLDOCA)
- In 2008 Susan Ajoc was elected Chairperson
- In 2011 Art Hushen was elected Chairperson
- In 2013 Art Hushen was elected Chairperson
- In 2015 Steven J. Barreira was elected Chairperson
- In 2017 Art Hushen was elected Chairperson
- In 2019 Leon M. Lipsick was elected Chairperson
FLDOCA Lifetime Members
- Stan Carter
- Sherry Carter
- Dorinda Howe
- Ray Wood
FLDOCA Lifetime Achievement Award
- Art Hushen – 2017
Florida Design Out Crime Association
You can read the full version online, or you can download a copy in PDF or Word formats.
FLDOCA Corporate Sponsors
To promote the implementation of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design concepts and principles in the State of Florida.